Want to know the best SUV Malaysia? Well, then this article is for you. This article will list and describe the top five SUVs that are available in Malaysia and why we think they deserve a place on this list of 5 Best SUVs in Malaysia. These are some of the most well-liked models.
- Perodua Myvi – Ranked number one in the compact car category by ASEAN NCAP, this is an ideal SUV for those who are looking at a budget option. This Malaysian-made car was launched in September 2005 and went on to be Malaysia’s best-selling car until 2017, when it got overtaken by the Toyota Vios. The Perodua Myvi was awarded the ASEAN NCAP 5-star safety rating for all models.
- Proton Exora – Launched in August 2008, the Proton Exora is Malaysia’s first MPV to be classified as an SUV by ASEAN NCAP. It outsold its rival, the Perodua Alza, and went on to become Malaysia’s best-selling MPV ever. The Proton Exora has an impressive ASEAN NCAP 4-star safety rating for all models and is available in five different trim variants: Standard, Executive, Business Edition (BE), BE Plus, and Premium.
- Ford EcoSport – The Ford EcoSport was launched in January 2013 to take on the Perodua Myvi, Proton Saga (now replaced by the Proton Iriz), and other Malaysian-made cars. The Ford EcoSport is currently in its second generation and has an impressive ASEAN NCAP 5-star safety rating for all trim variants. It was developed in Brazil and is currently exported to more than 100 countries worldwide.
- Nissan X-Trail – The Nissan X-Trail was launched in February 2007 and had an impressive ASEAN NCAP 5-star safety rating for all trim variants. Currently, the Nissan X-Trail is only available with a 2.5 liter, four-cylinder petrol engine with either a six-speed manual or CVT transmission.
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport – The Mitsubishi Pajero Sport was launched in September 2015 to take on the Proton Perdana (now replaced by the Proton Ertiga) and other medium-sized MPVs. The Mitsubishi Pajero Sport is currently in its second generation and has an impressive ASEAN NCAP 5-star safety rating for all trim variants. It was developed in Thailand and Malaysia and exported globally.
Conclusion: So, there you have it, the top five SUVs that are available in Malaysia, which includes four foreign brands and one Malaysian brand. You can read more about the upcoming models online.