Calendula also called pot marigold, or Irish marigold, is a perennial flowering plant that has been used for centuries to treat wounds and other skin conditions. While there are numerous benefits to knowing about calendula, here are some of the top ones:
- Calendula is an effective natural healer for skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- It can help reduce inflammation and redness in the skin.
- It helps improve circulation in the skin and can help reduce the appearance of scars.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve pain from various types of arthritis.
- It is also effective in treating other types of infections such as cold sores and herpes simplex lesions.
- It is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent.
- It can be used as a natural moisturizer and makeup primer.
- It can help improve wound healing.
- It has antibacterial properties, making it useful in treating acne and other skin conditions.
- Calendula oil is also effective at reducing stress levels and promoting relaxation.
How to Use Calendula Safely in Home Care?
Calendula is a wonderful herb that has many uses in home care. It is a key ingredient in many topical ointments and creams, including diaper rash ointments, burns treatments, and anti-inflammatory aids. However, like any other herb, it can also be used safely if proper precautions are taken. Here are some tips to help you use calendula safely in your home:
Always read the product label before using any herbal remedy or supplement. Not all herbs are safe for everyone, and some may even interact with the medications you’re taking.
When applying calendula topically to the skin, take care to avoid contact with eyes or mucous membranes. Keep children away from areas where the cream or ointment has been applied. If contact occurs, rinse with plenty of water and seek medical attention if irritation develops.
- Where to find fresh calendula: Look for it in herb shops, farmer’s markets, or even supermarkets.
- How to use calendula: Add a little to oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, and even cooked vegetables for a refreshing flavor.
- What are the calendula benefits? Aside from its delicious flavor and health benefits, including reducing inflammation and relieving pain, calendula is said to be helpful for treating skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
In conclusion, here are top calendula benefits to know about:
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Calendula can help ease skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- It is also effective in treating minor burns and skin peeling due to sun exposure.
- It can help improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- Finally, it is a great remedy for cuts and bruises.