When it comes to reading teen books, there is no shortage of choices. But if you’re looking for some truly excellent reads written by young black authors, then you need to look no further than the best black teen books of all time. These titles will engage and entertain readers of all ages and will inspire a love for reading in young black minds.
Here are six excellent books that any fan of reading should add to their list:
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas is a suspenseful novel that tells the story of Starr Carter, a 16-year-old African American girl who lives in Watts, Los Angeles, during the early 1990s. When Starr witnesses her friend being shot by police, she becomes deeply involved in the local rioting and protests that follow.
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee is another classic that tackles racism and segregation in the 1930s. The story is based on the trial of Tom Robinson, an African American man wrongly accused of rape.
- Every Day by David Levithan – This coming-of-age story follows 17-year-old August as he grapples with his sexuality and relationship status.
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson – This powerful novel tells the story of 14-year-old Celie growing up in an all-black community in the deep South during the 1960s.
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, published in 1967, this novel tells the story of teenage boys from different social backgrounds who become friends during their freshman year at a prestigious boarding school in California.
When it comes to reading, there are so many different types of books to choose from. However, when it comes to black teen books, the choices can be quite limited. That’s why we’ve put together the above-mentioned list of the best black teen books of all time.
Some of these books have been around for years and continue to be popular, while others are new releases that quickly became favorites among readers. Regardless of their age or genre, each of these titles is sure to provide enjoyable reading for any black teen looking for something unique and exciting.
So whether you’re a recent high school graduate eager to explore your literary options or an experienced reader who wants to introduce your kids to some great reads, these are the best black teen books of all time!
In conclusion, books are a great way to escape and explore different worlds. They can also offer guidance and support when times are tough. These five black teen books offer an interesting and unique perspective on life that is sure to resonate with readers. So if you’re looking for a good read, be sure to check out one of these titles!